NFMLA “CineSessions” Student Mentorship Program
NFMLA’s Monthly CineSessions: Student Mentorship invites LA County High School students to participate in a hands-on filmmaking experience once per month following the organization’s Monthly Film Festival.
Eligible for IMDB Credit.
The CineSessions: Student Mentorship is made possible by Wells Fargo. The program is also in sponsorship with MovieMaker Magazine, which also allows the students to receive IMDB credit for shadowing professional filmmakers on-set.
Students will be mentored in multiple positions of production, including:
- Cinematography (camera operation, shooting techniques, framing shots)
- Directing (set language, scene composition, blocking talent)
- Lighting (three-point-lighting, soft vs. hard & natural vs. artificial lighting)
- Sound Recording (sound recording on boom, pistol and lav mics)
- Production Management (creating call sheets and shooting schedules)
*If you are interested in participating please reach out to the NFMLA’s Executive Director, Larry Laboe.